This will be the last post.
It's kinda funny in a way. This whole thing is like my phone number situation with dog girl. Except, in this situation, I'm telling you what I want, yet you are decidingly not willing. And in your own words, "what i'm saying is, a healthy person would understand that you're asking for her number because you're interested, not because you're pushy or just reacting to what she said." replace number with apology and interested with upset. But your later line of "lol. boy you really almost screwed that up completely!" is almost basically true.
I've spent the day feeling pretty shit because a can of worms was opened that I can't seem to close (on top of being sick and also being stood up it's been a trifecta of pain). But what hurts the most is knowing the fix to all this would have been so simple.
If I were to simplify the whole thing into a scenario, it would be this. You did something that in your opinion was normal, and out of the overall grand context of it all, it was very normal. At this point, I wouldn't apologise either! However, you were later told that it shouldn't have happened and you basically threw me under a bus. At this point, I would have definitely apologised. I don't believe things are as black and white as you make it to be. There's always a cause and an effect and ownership for both.
But I don't think I can do this anymore. What haunts me the most is the line you wrote... "I am concerned about us that you're not getting the apology you need". If you were that concerned... why are you not taking action to rectify the situation? If you are that concerned, why can't you swallow your pride? If you are that concerned, why don't you care that I'm hurting inside?
No comments:
Post a Comment